Target Language : What do you look like? I have ___. What does he / she look like? He has ___.
Lesson length : 50 minutes.
Class size : Small Group class.
Preparation time : 15 to 30 minutes to prepare the “Guess the Face” game and flashcards.
1. Have the class form a circle, and pass a ball between the students asking simple questions, such as “What’s your name?”, and reviewing a couple of questions of previous lessons.
2. Play a warm up game to practice of last week’s class, or to practice phonics. “Higher or Lower” is a fun game for this age group. Instructions can be found by left clicking the button below.
3. Introduce the target language and vocabulary using the flashcards. Have the students describe their classmates and family to check understanding. Make sure that students understand the use of “he”, “she”, “you”, and “I”.
4. To practice the language, play “Guess the Face” : Instructions can be found by left clicking the button below.
5. Use the worksheet of Appendix B to practice reading the language with the class.
6. Mark any homework, and play a simple game, such as the card game UNO” to end the class.
PERMISSION IS GIVEN TO EDIT AND PRINT THE APPENDICES FOR USE IN THE CLASSROOM.